Saturday, February 28, 2009

Busy Week

This week has been very busy with a trip, me being at a meeting during the day and my student teacher trying to get her lessons taught and report card time!

I made time on Friday to work on our opera. The goal was to focus on having the students know the lines, speaking chorally and saying them expressively. This alone took us the entire afternoon which I didn't think it would. The students still require alot of practise speaking clearly, together and expressively. We listened to the songs and most of the students know them. We didn't get to practising the movement that was practised last week because we ran out to time.

Because our songs were broken up, at times there are only 2 lines that need to be sung. I had the students repeat it twice so it soungs like a song. Sedina and Adam, you can decide on Monday if this is necessary. As for the students who are drumming or using the shakers, I had them sing along only if they were not drumming for that part. This helped with projection.

I will practise once again on Monday. IF the students know the songs and their lines then it will make it easier to practise the movements.

See you on Monday.

Sona

No comments:

Post a Comment